Friday, January 11, 2008

Forms.gov

Via the Government Gab Blog, here's a website for government forms. But I only found 2 Commodity Credit Corporation forms on it by searching on the term. Using FSA, I found 229 results. But if I go to the FSA site and access its forms database, I get 562 results.

I suspect, but don't know, the problem is either in differences in the definition of what forms to include or learning problems in feeding data from one database to another. Of course, to a rationalist, the ideal is one database for every government form, but that doesn't work. Instead we have multiple databases (FSA's forms manager had an on-line database even when I was working--she was a sharp, forward-looking individual) as different organizations catch the wave of innovation.

No comments: