Friday, July 15, 2011

Good Old Rummy

Ex-Secretary Rumsfeld got patted down going through security on the way to Mrs. Ford's funeral.  He seems to have taken it in good humor, saying people with 2 titanium hips and 1 titanium shoulder have to expect to take more time.

That bothers me, because I just completed the jerry-built structures needed to use my PC while standing.  There's lots of research saying that too much sitting lowers your life expectancy, and I've had some minor, I think, problems with circulation in my legs and feet which trigger my hypochondria.  So I got out my hammer and saw and built a platform which I used for the first time yesterday. 

Rummy notoriously did his office work standing at a desk, notoriously because when asked to approve "enhanced interrogation techniques" which included requiring the subject to stand, he asked why that was questionable.

But Rumsfeld's a better man than I, I've been standing for about an hour today and I'm not going to last for another, much less the 8-10 more he could put in.  And if it means titanium hips are in my future?  At least I'll have some future.

No comments: